Thursday, June 29, 2006

The extra mile?

I watched "Shoot 2" (the repeated one on 12 midnight) just now. Despite the fact I do dislike Cai ShenJiang and Huang MingDe quite a lot nowadays. Then why? It’s because of the topic for this time round: Service industry.

This topic has been brought into discussion for N times already by medias – the papers, talk show etc. But my point? Singaporeans are basically rude bunch. Ok, we are not as bad as some other Asian countries. But we are nowhere near being polite and gracious either - which brings me to my real point. The service industry sucks because the people providing the lousy services are also the same rude customers receiving it. It amuses me to see our media and press trying so hard to segregate the two. Or some other time, the “Customer’s always right” attitude that customers hold just make the service person doesn’t feel like providing the best of his/her service.
They are just doing their JOB. Go to the extra miles? I guess it needs to be get started by educating the customers first?

No comments:

Post a Comment